Well, Feb is basically done and I don't have much to show for it. Here are the highlights:
Feb. 3: Isaac's class went on a field trip and I was able to be a parent helper. Fun!! (pics below)
Feb. 11: Justin Bieber's new movie comes out. So far we have been able to stay away. Might break down and take Isaac since he wants to go so bad. He has been lucky enough to catch JB on several talk shows and random TV appearances. I find it hard to believe there is any other 5 year-old boy that loves Justin as much as my son.
Feb. 12: First B-ball game of Isaac's career. He scored 8 points and the team won 34 to 12 (I am not supposed to know that, but what parent wasn't out there keeping score???). Isaac has some skills to work on, he is lucky they don't call traveling, double dribbling or watch the out of bounds lines too closely. However, he loves the game and is a great teammate. He cheered for everyone when they made baskets.
Feb. 12: Bought our first brand new car - a Toyota Highlander. LOVE IT!!! We now can do carpools with other people seeing as how we have a 3rd row for seating. It is fun to drive and so comfortable. If you know anyone that would like a 1999 Toyota Corolla with 177,000 miles tell them to call us. Quick! This car won't be available for long!
Feb. 16 - 24: Scott's mom, Karen, came for a visit. We had a great time with Grammy. She spoiled the kids and spoiled us - think I may have gained 5lbs from all the good food she cooked. She helped out with watching Isaac on the days I worked, and "let" Isaac win many many games of Memory. We are grateful for the time we had together with her.
Feb. 19 - 21: We headed to Eugene OR for the annual winter gathering of my family. As always this trip confirmed that I have THE BEST family. My aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, sister-in-law, and of course my parents are so great. We enjoyed 2 days of food, stories, walks, food, and lots of laughing. We had so much fun I didn't even think about stopping to take out the camera. Maybe my dad will send me some of the pics.
Feb. 24 and 25: SNOW!!! We had the second snow of the year. Very exciting and very cold. No school for Isaac for two days. Unfortunately when Puyallup is 2 hrs delayed, no am kindergarten. Oh well. It has been fun. Hoping to see the temps start to warm up shortly, though!!!
Below are some pics from the month.
New Car!
2 comments:
Your car looks like a slightly bigger version of mine! Congrats...I can't belived you've resisted the justin bieber movie this long, maybe you can save time and just take him to the new version with never before seen scenes! Or maybe pay a teenage girl to take him.
Kara's always been a clever one--I'm with her on paying a teenager to take him, you might just get off with paying for her ticket! Have fun with your new wheels!
Post a Comment