One week ago tonight I was getting ready to run Boston. Hard to believe it was only a week ago. Feels like longer. It was an amazing experience - one I would wish for any runner to be able to have at least once. I can see what the draw is to continue to go back year after year. Of course I would find it hard to believe that any other year could be better than this one.
Scott and I left on Saturday and enjoyed a long day of being on an airplane. While we were gone, Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids, even helping out at Isaac's first baseball game. Once again we are so appreciative of all they do to allow us these kinds of get-a-ways. We know it is not a relaxing job watching these kids, but they never seem fazed. Thanks Mom and Dad!!
Once we got into Boston we were able to get our car and meet up with Carl and Michelle who had come from Phoenix and were staying around Harvard. We had a fun dinner with them and it is always great hanging out. We then went to our hotel and met up with our friends (Crystal and Mark) who we then spent the next few days with.
My two running partners, Laurie and Crystal, and I were all in Boston together. Crystal and I went to the expo together and it was amazing. Huge! Plenty to spend money on and lots to see.
Here I am getting my packet.
Michelle, Carl, me and Scott after the run. So great to be done!!!
Kara was so nice and had these cookies sent to our hotel!! They look too good to eat, right??
Well, those who know me well know that I never pass up sugar. Especially after 26 miles of running. They were delicious.

On Tuesday, Scott, Carl, Michelle and I had so much fun hanging out. Our camera died so I will post the pics that Michelle sends me. We did the Sam Adams Brewery tour, went to Fenway, and ate some more. It was a nice way to spend our last day. We got home late Tues night.
At some point in the night I really thought about calling in sick to work because I knew I would be so tired the next day. So glad I didn't. Look what my friends at work did for me. This is outside my office.
And some fun treats. They were so nice. They put a basket of goodies together, got me a Boston Creme pie, peanut M&Ms and most importantly acted really interested in hearing my story :). I am so grateful for my friends at work!!
In the end it was the perfect experience. I am glad I had the opportunity to run in this historic race. I also appreciate Scott for making the trip with me and supporting me not only on the run but also in the training to get there. He never complains about me doing my long runs which take away his Saturday sleep-ins or the number of races I do in a year. He is the best supporter and I couldn't do any of it without him.
Isaac and Saraya were happy to see us but Isaac was disappointed that I didn't get a trophy. Maybe next time!
3 comments:
Great update! Glad you and the cookies didn't miss each other at the hotel!
Congratulations Kathryn! Well done!
Atta kid--way to run (and eat the cookies!)
Post a Comment