BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Camping Trip

Last weekend, the four of us went on our first camping trip.  It was a lot of fun and we forgot the camera so we have no pictures to share.  We went to Mt. Rainier on the Sunrise side and camped in the White River campground.  It was perfect weather and we got a great spot which had many fun areas for the kids to explore.  The night was a little rough with me sharing a sleeping bag with Saraya, but nothing a little coffee in the morning couldn't take care of.  We will definitely be going again, hopefully before summer is over!  
On Monday afternoon, we met Grandma and Grandpa Chasse at Tipsu lake on Chinook Pass.  There we had a picnic lunch and a hike around the lake.  Luckily they did have a camera.  It was another gorgeous day.


After a couple of hours, we loaded up Isaac into Grandma and Grandpa's car for a trip to their house for the week.  I was worried about how he might handle the transition so I had come prepared to bribe him in the car with a new Scooby Doo movie.  I didn't need to worry, however.  He was so excited about his trip he didn't flinch and barely said good-bye to us.  

On the way to Kennewick, they stopped and did a small hike down to some caves.  Isaac had another great adventure!

Since being in Kennewick he has been enjoying swimming, visiting some parks and lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa.  It has been cute talking to him each night.  He asks to say hi to Saraya and they have a little chat.  He also asked me to give Saraya a hug and a kiss from him.  
On Tuesday Scott had his third hernia surgery in two and a half years.  We are really hopeful that this is the end.  The recovery is going well and he feels as well as can be expected after this type of surgery.  It has been much easier having only Saraya to manage so we are grateful that Isaac is having fun in Kennewick during this time.  Saraya meanwhile likes to show Dad her "owies" on her stomach and puts some ice on them just like him.  Her 12 hour nights and 3 hour naps make the house nice and quiet - I am getting a little bored . . . . 

3 comments:

Jodi Elwell said...

LUcky you! How I would love to havbe only one child at home for a week. I bet Isaac is having so much fun. We are going camping until Thursday but I wll call you when we get back to have Isaac over. Brooke keeps asking when he is coming over!

Michelle said...

Great pictures! Isaac is getting so tall.

Kara said...

Cute family pictures! And hey - you switched to my old background...I was confused for a minute!