BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Way over-due post

Well as most everyone knows by now, Scott and I had a little get-away to Phoenix a couple weekends ago. We went to visit Carl and Michelle, and I also did a little fun run.


We had fun hanging out, eating, playing games, and feeling like adults with no responsibilities for 4 lovely days.
Laurie (my running partner) and I before the Marathon.
Michelle and I leaving the house at 5:30am to head to the race. Michelle did her first half-marathon. She had a fun time and did great!

After the run. What a great day, course and crowd. The energy pushed us through to the end. A great race for me - qualified for Boston (officially) and built my confidence in my abilities greatly. Scott and Laurie's friend were great supporters - they were on the course 5 times. It always helps to have someone cheering you on. Thank you to my biggest fan :)



Meanwhile, back in Puyallup, the kids had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa. Thank you to my parents for coming over and spending five days and four nights with these two. I think they were tired at the end of the weekend, but I know everyone had fun. Here are some pictures of the kids have some picnic time during some nice, warm weather. Food always tastes better outside.

2 comments:

The Chapmans said...

Glad you guys got some good card playing in! We had friends over last weekend and played a different version on 7up, 7down and thought of you guys. Hope you can squeeze in a game at the family gathering.

Kara said...

What's with all the long sleeves and sweatshirts INSIDE the Chasse house? Anti-heat? lol!