BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

VIP Day at Preschool

Once again it was time for Isaac's VIP day at preschool. And once again I was lucky enough to be the parent helper.
Here he is holding the flag while Mrs. Spencer and I said the Pledge. The kids were supposed to be saying it too, but that didn't go over so well. They are learning, though.
There was the crowning of Mr. VIP.
There was the VIP parade - "I'm the VIP of the Family, that's a very good thing to be!"
There was show-and-tell where he got to bring 5 of his things to share with his friends. Can anyone guess what he brought?????

One thing that surprised me was that he wanted to bring pictures of Saraya. He was proud to be her brother and talk about how they play together.
It did not surprise me or Mrs. Spencer that he brought Scooby Doo. He talked about how Aunt Michelle and Uncle Carl got him this for Halloween.
He also brought his Ironman book, a Spiderman figure, and a bug magnifying glass. After all the toys were shared, the kids could ask questions. They were really good at this. A year ago it would sound like, "I have a Scooby Doo too," or "Can I play with the Spiderman?" This year the questions were very thoughtful. "What do you like for breakfast?" "What is your favorite snack?" "What movie do you like?" They were all interested in hearing about Isaac, or at least having a chance to ask him a question. Mrs. Spencer ended the day by telling Isaac that she thought he was a special person because he was kind, he listened very well, and he was a good communicator with his friends. She asked the kids, "Who likes to play with Isaac?" All the kids raised their hands and she told him - "look at all the people who think you are special." It was very neat to see and made me very happy and proud of him. He is a special boy. Sometimes he can really test us, but he is a great kid.
Of course I got to man the art table as well. Here is Isaac's best friend, Brooke. He loves this girl - so do we!! We are glad she is in his life.
Mr. VIP doing his art - making a healthy habits necklace.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

what a great post, you know all of us that go to that preschool know exactly how your post would go but some how it kind of choked me up. Isaac is a good boy and bridger and I love him! great post!