BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Busy Briggs

Why haven't I updated the blog lately?  I honestly haven't had much extra time at all.  We are busy!  Here is a short update:
Isaac is playing basketball with a nice group of boys and a great coach.  He is having a positive experience and doing very well.  Last weekend the opposing coach told our coach to have Isaac back off, he is super aggressive.  Of course our coach loves that quality in an athlete, but he will help Isaac to not reach in too much.
Isaac is starting baseball.  He has had a few indoor Sunday practices and Scott is the coach of this team.  Today the boys had a jog-a-thon and Isaac ran an impressive 3.5miles in 30 minutes.
Isaac is also in flag football, a Saturday and Sunday only league with no practices, only games.  He is getting ready for a double header now, Saraya and I will head down there in a few to check it out.  He has been dying to play flag football, I hope it is a fun experience for him!

Saraya is now playing basketball on a YMCA team with 13 other 4 and 5 year olds.  She also has a great coach, me :).  I am enjoying coaching basketball way more than soccer, probably because I actually know something about the sport.  We had our first game yesterday and it was a circus, the way these things always start out.  Very little dribbling, a lot of standing around, and major excitement over the snack.
She is also continuing her swimming lessons and doing very well at that.

Scott and I, along with all our coaching duties, continue to have busy jobs.  Along with that, I also am  also doing a lot of volunteering at Isaac's school, including planning the big Bingo event on March 1. We are often exhausted at the end of our days, but we also wouldn't have it any other way.

I will try to post pictures soon.  Now off to cheer on the football player!

0 comments: