Amazing how quickly you can fall way behind in blogging. I am not even going to attempt to put these in order, I am just glad I am working to catch up....
We ended our very exciting baseball season on July 7 at a local tournament. The boys were a fun team to watch this year and it was a new experience for us play baseball from March to July. They came in 3rd at this tournament and played very hard all season long. Scott was one of the coaches and did a great job with the boys and with a lot of the organizational aspects of the team.
The team - Showtime 8u.Isaac and some of his buddies. They were a close group of boys and I enjoyed getting to know the parents as well.
Isaac did great - his nickname from Coach was "Tooltime." He played mostly Left Center, but also some 2nd base as well.
The first week of July we dog sat Raina, a very nice family dog. We only misplaced her once, but she was returned safely to her family and we enjoyed our time with her.
The kids, Raina and I did a one night camping trip to Alder Lake. It was a hot couple of days and being up in the woods and near the lake was a fun way to spend a couple days. It was a success!
Getting ready to get in!
The kids did a 3 day private swimming lesson the very first week of summer and it has paid off. Saraya takes lessons all year, but Isaac needed a little refresher. He has since passed the swim test at a local pool which allows him to swim alone and jump off the diving board. He also felt more confident in the lake while we there.
We have gone to a couple Rainer baseball games this year. One in the rain, and one in the hot sun. Here is Saraya with Rhubarb.
The kids did a basketball camp in late June. It was a hit for both of them and they improved in many areas.
We visited Meeker Days in downtown Puyallup and enjoyed meeting a princess.
Saw some big tractors.
And later in the weekend, Carl, Michelle, Scott and I made it back down to Meeker Days for some adult fun.
We will see if I can do a better job at keeping up.....
3 comments:
I was awaiting the update and glad to see the latest pictures!
Thanks for the update! Glad our picture was earlier in the evening :)
Post a Comment